October 14, 2010

Guess What

I had pretty much given up on finding a job so I went down to the stables near our house to see if they had any volunteer openings. I was told that they had more student volunteers than they really needed, but most of them were back in school so they didn't have the flexibility that I had. I was hopeful, but after a week I hadn't gotten a call so I was getting read to start taking the babysitting jobs in the ward.

Well. Today I got a call from the stables. I'm going in tomorrow. I am so excited! Seriously, I'm so happy about this.


ALSO I had registered to vote twice at the DMV last fall but I had never gotten my mail ballots, so this fall Mom picked up a mail-in registration form for me and I sent it in. I got my ballot today. Third time's the charm I suppose.
Take that, DMV.

3 comments:

Carla said...

Yay! for the stables and Yay! for voting... I knew they'd call you to help at the stables, though. :)

Lyle said...

Nice! Hey, maybe the stables will let you bring a horse home with you one of these days. You could put it in the back with the chickens.

Ginger said...

Emma will be jealous of your time at the stables. Have fun!