December 12, 2009

Day 12 - Christmas Memories

Yesterday evening I was babysitting for a family in our ward. The girls were in bed when I got there but one of them woke up an hour later crying for her mother. I brought her out, gave her some chocolate milk, and put on a Christmas cartoon for her (as suggested by her mother). As I watched her lying under a blanket on the couch I was filled with Christmas memories. They had their tree up next to the couch and some souped up carols were coming from the movie she was watching.

I can remember getting out of bed when I was younger to go sit in front of our Christmas tree, after the rest of my family was asleep. The heater was on, the smell and sound of which always remind me of Christmas. I loved sitting there watching this little girl as she fell asleep in front of the Christmas tree.

I can't wait for this Christmas when so many of my nieces and nephews will be here! (We'll miss you Jenny =/) Christmas is so much better when you have children to celebrate it with.

2 comments:

Ginger said...

Yay! We can't wait to be there either!

Carla said...

I think we'll all enjoy Christmas when the little ones are here; 'specially when they're sound asleep, lying side by side under quilts in the living room!